Grisko—a fast-paced, award-winning integrated communications and public affairs agency, located in the iconic Wrigley Building—seeks a talented and experienced Account Director to join our growing and savvy team. This is a creative and resourceful communications leader with a passion for developing strategies and leading campaigns for clients across sectors – corporate, nonprofit and government. Leadership, ability to collaborate and strategic thinking are the keys to success in this role. Strong, effective writing is essential.
The Account Director is involved in all aspects of client accounts, from planning to developing and implementing communications strategies and programs.
THE ACCOUNT DIRECTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading and supporting communications projects and campaigns to success through strategy development, messaging and tactical implementation
- Managing accounts: client relationships and budgets; internal and external team collaboration
- Telling the client’s story through strong narratives, impactful messaging and collaboration with creative team
- Creating and overseeing development of content
- Placing content with news outlets, editorial pages, blogs, and through social media
- Managing logistics and staffing press conferences, public meetings and events
- Engaging in new business development; writing proposals, networking and expanding scope
- Mentoring and fostering the development of junior staff
- Creative and impactful writing and editing
- Meticulous organization and ability to meet deadlines
- Collaboration across communications disciplines (public relations, marketing, public affairs, creative and digital)
- Knowledge of local/state political, civic and community issues
- Attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Facility with strategic use of social media
- Experience and/or education in marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel; Cision or similar media database tools; Sprout Social or other social media management tools
- 5-7 years of communications agency experience and/or experience in an applicable communications role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field
- Experience working with reporters and the media at the local and/or national level
- Familiarity and experience with community organizations or elected officials in Chicago and Illinois; experience working within diverse communities is also a plus
Grisko LLC, www.grisko.com, offers a high-energy, creative work environment and a dynamic, collaborative culture. Comprehensive benefits package includes excellent health, dental and disability insurance policies, paid time off, commuter tax benefits and generous 401K plan.
Local applicants only.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Account Director.